Welcome To Hever Festival
It was a complete pleasure to host the Bitesize Hever Festival 2020. The beautiful, intimate shows and such obvious joy from everyone taking part – our audience, the artists and the festival staff -created a hugely uplifting sense of wellbeing, something we hadn’t expected (though had secretly hoped for). Our new venues worked flawlessly – intimate Shakespeare on the Loggia and, for our family shows, Anne Boleyn’s Walk ancient woodland, was just gorgeous. The many sharp intakes of breath when people turned the corner and saw, perhaps for the first time, the Main Lawn stage, set against the background of Hever Castle, brought us immense pleasure.
Thank you very much for coming and for supporting us. It was heart-warming to see so many of you at our events, It has given us the confidence to move forward with the 2021 festival… Now the hard work begins…
Music, Plays, Family Shows, Speakers, Films, Magic Shows, Comedy and of course a few frolics through History.
Get ready for the 2021 Hever Festival….
We are currently putting the finishing touches to the programme which includes many Hever Festival favourites and, following your advice post- Bitesize, a little re-shaping from us. There will be site- specific work (in this amazing setting how could we not?) and events in our much loved Two Sisters Theatre, as well as the new venues used for the Bitesize. To be able to squeeze all our plans into the season, we are going to open earlier with a celebration Easter Pantomime – a new collaboration with Charles Court Opera, the week after Easter.
A selection of the season is already on sale so do book while you can via the website. Invite your friends and tell everyone you meet about us. We have been called ‘Kent’s best kept theatrical secret’ – with your help we would love not to be!
Recent feedback from our Bitesize audience.
‘The best theatre setting in the world.’
‘I’m so delighted to be seeing live theatre again after all these months, I just can’t wait!’
‘Superb night – what a setting and how the audience behaved perfectly! A great time was had by all.’
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us! We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free! We will also need brochure and leaflet distributers once the summer is near. If you can
- post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2020. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.