Welcome to the 2020 Bitesize Hever Festival!
We are delighted that the recent new government guidelines now allow performances in open-air theatres. Having postponed the full 2020 festival we have been busy over the last few weeks creating an all-new fortnight of festival favourites. Keeping the well being of artists, audiences and staff at the forefront of our work, with the help of our artists we have developed a socially distanced programme we hope everyone will enjoy.
The festival is called ‘bitesize’ because, to socially distance well, we have chosen to create a smaller than usual, intimate season. Working with a handful of our favourite artists on smaller shows (with no less bite!), fewer audience members, shorter performances enabling no intervals, we’ve pared-back and we can’t wait to share it with you.
The theatre tent is not available this year so we have the joy of performing with a castle view and are delighted to be returning to the loggia. As many of you will know this was the home of the festival theatre for many years, it’s good to be back.
As you would expect, following government guidelines, we have put in place many safety measures. Since we know our venue so well, we have taken additional precautions where we see fit.
Ticket prices reflect the fact that we are not undercover this year with all seats £20 (Festival Friends £18) and family shows £12.50 (Festival Friends £11.25), discounted joint Castle Garden and theatre tickets are also available. We are not providing seats so do bring what you need to be comfortable on the night as long as you are not obstructing the view of those around you.
The 2020 Bitesize Hever Festival is a stand-alone season. If you have purchased tickets for the original 2020 festival please read the guidance below on how best to manage your tickets, which, if you have not discussed it with us already, are still valid for 2021. We will not be transferring these tickets to the Bitesize Season.
The government guidelines ask that all tickets are purchased online however, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help you in any way. We are on the end of the phone should you like to discuss anything with us but please only call only during the box office opening times: 10am-2pm Monday to Friday and do not leave messages outside this time.
It is such a lovely surprise for us to be able to open the festival this year, we can’t wait to see you there!
The Festival Team.
Here is how we are currently managing our 2020 audience
· For all of our postponed events we have simply transferred your tickets to the new date, same seats, same artists, same theatre but moved to 2021. If the event you have tickets for does not currently appear on this list we will be in touch with you individually as soon as we can confirm the revised date.
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us! We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free! We will also need brochure and leaflet distributers once the summer is near. If you can
- post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2020. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.