Welcome To Hever Festival
Welcome to the 2021 Hever Festival. We’ve made it – hooray! What’s more, it’s our largest festival ever with even more of your favourites – music acts, operas, Gilbert and Sullivan and films. Plays and family shows are planned throughout the season and our events will take place in four locations across the estate – the theatre itself, the Main Lawn Theatre, the Loggia and Anne Boleyn’s Walk.
We celebrate our opening night with the unique, heart-warming gipsy virtual orchestra, The People’s String Foundation. Ben Hart is joining us with his unbelievable magic show and what better place to perform a brand–new production of the ballet, ‘The Secret Garden’ than in the magical setting of The Loggia in the Italian Garden? We are thrilled to be hosting a number of new-to-Hever events and hope you will come on the journey of new experiences with us – it promises to be very exciting.
It’s going to be a season of optimism and joy this Summer and we can’t wait to see you there.
The Hever Festival Team
Recent feedback from our Bitesize audience.
‘The best theatre setting in the world.’
‘I’m so delighted to be seeing live theatre again after all these months, I just can’t wait!’
‘Superb night – what a setting and how the audience behaved perfectly! A great time was had by all.’
As happened last year, Covid restrictions will be fully in place and will be highlighted throughout the website. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need further details.
COVID-19 Safety precautions.
We will follow the government guidelines throughout the season.
When you visit, we will have some new safety measures in place. Please respect the rules and guidelines for your own protection and the safety of others. Those who do not follow the guidelines may be approached by staff and could be asked to leave.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
Restricting audience numbers
Providing a warm welcome at a distance
Using one-way systems to enable social distancing
Staff will wear face coverings in line with current government guidelines
Operating a cashless system
Providing the NHS QR Code poster with which to check in
We ask of you in return:
To book your tickets in advance online or by phone
Follow the one-way system in the grounds
Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
Use hand sanitiser when necessary
Check in with the NHS Covid-19 App
Take your litter home with you
Wear a face covering where needed (exemptions apply)
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us. We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free. We will also need brochure and leaflet distributors once the summer is near. If you can post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
- post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2021. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.
Subscribe for Email Updates
Join our mailing list for exciting news and information about the Festival at Hever Castle and our upcoming summer performances!