Welcome to Hever Festival Theatre
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We expect you know what we are going to say…
Due to government guidelines for the Covid -19 pandemic – It is with sadness that we must announce that we have to postpone the 2020 Hever Festival Season.
We have been overwhelmed by the messages of support you, our festival family, have sent us however our overriding concerns remain for the wellbeing of our audiences, our supporters and our Festival team, many of whom are volunteers, not to mention the musicians and performers who bring so much to our lives.
Our Festival has been in existence for 38 years, postponement this year is devastating but with your help we’ll be back next year, bigger and better.
The show will go on and we hope you will join us and be part of something amazing!
Most of our 2020 Season events have been moved and are confirmed for 2021.
It will be very easy to overwhelm our current box office team (of one) so please do email us if we can help you –
email@example.com, – our phone is currently furloughed!
Take a look at the performance page for the new dates. If the event you have tickets for does not currently appear on this list we will be in touch with you individually as soon as we can confirm the revised date.
Here is how we are currently managing our 2020 audience members tickets:
· For all of our postponed events we have simply transferred your tickets to the new date, same seats, same artists, same theatre but moved to 2021.
· For those of you unable to commit to the new date we are offering a credit note to be used in 2021 against another event in the season.
If you do not want to or are unable to attend in 2021 we add ourselves to the many emails you surely have received asking if you would kindly consider donating all or part of your tickets value instead of requesting a refund. This will ensure that Hever Festival can remain resilient in the face of the current crisis and return confidently in 2021 and beyond.
Thank you from all of the team at Hever Festival, do check back here regularly for the most up to date news.
Please stay safe and we’ll and see you again in 2021.
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us! We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free! We will also need brochure and leaflet distributers once the summer is near. If you can post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2020. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.