Welcome to the 2020 Bitesize Hever Festival!
It was a complete pleasure to host the Bitesize Festival 2020.
The beautiful intimate shows and such joy from everyone taking part – our audience, the artists and the festival staff, created a hugely welcomed sense of wellbeing we hadn’t expected to see (though we had secretly hoped for). Even the coldest August Bank Holiday on record didn’t appear to dampen the experience. Our new venues worked flawlessly and it has been heart-warming to see so many of you at our events. Thank you very much for coming and for supporting us.
Now the hard work begins on 2021. The majority of the season is already on sale so do book as soon a you like via the website, invite your friends and tell everyone you meet about us (we have been called ‘Kent’s best kept theatrical secret’). Don’t forget our tickets and gift vouchers make excellent Christmas presents too…
Here is how we are currently managing our 2020 audience
· For all of our postponed events we have simply transferred your tickets to the new date, same seats, same artists, same theatre but moved to 2021. If the event you have tickets for does not currently appear on this list we will be in touch with you individually as soon as we can confirm the revised date.
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us! We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free! We will also need brochure and leaflet distributers once the summer is near. If you can
- post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2020. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.