Welcome to Hever Festival Theatre 2020
We obviously want to ensure we are doing everything we can to help our patrons and staff stay healthy, so we have come to the sad decision to delay the start of our Summer 2020 festival by moving our May, June and early July performances to later in the season.
As a small, family-run theatre, it’s hard for us to close . We believe that in difficult times, access to art, music, creativity, beautiful places and the open-air is more important than ever. We want to do everything we can to support the arts sector as we all deal with something that’s never happened before. We’ll be working tirelessly to find ways to survive the financial impact. Ticket holders for our re-scheduled performances will be contacted in due course. In the meantime please keep hold of your tickets for these performances, you can be assured they have been transferred. The new dates will be announced when the full schedule is confirmed.
Many of you have been in touch to ask how you can support us (and we really do need your support). Here are the very best things you can do;
- Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment, share and like us as much as you can.
- Tell as many people as you can about us – pass on our emails to your friends who you think would like to come to an event – tell them even if you’re not sure, you never know!
- Become a Friend of the Festival. It is a donation to the theatre of £27 which gives you financial benefits, as well as us. Please take a look here for details.
- Donate to the festival here you can donate as little as £1. All contributions would be brilliant – why not give us your daily coffee money for a week? We would be hugely grateful.
- Volunteer with us! We have a lovely team of Front of House staff throughout the season. No experience is required and you get to be part of the theatre team, our passion – and see shows for free! We will also need brochure and leaflet distributers once the summer is near. If you can post our leaflets through the letter boxes of the houses in your street, your local library, church, cafes in your town, anywhere you think they will be well received we would be so grateful.
Thank you for your understanding, support and patience over this difficult period. We would like to pass on our very best wishes to all of you and your loved ones and look forward to welcoming you to the theatre. In July, we hope.
Everyone can be our Friend
If you haven’t signed up already please do consider becoming a Friend in 2020. It costs £27 and you can feel great about supporting the Festival Theatre whilst benefiting from a 10% discount on your theatre tickets and meals in the Guthrie Pavilion – which all adds up quite quickly into being a saving for you too. There are additional new benefits this year thanks to Hever Castle Golf Club, full membership details are available here
Don’t take it from us. Listen to what members of 2019 audience had to say:
‘Fabulous, professional and fascinating.’
‘Open air theatre at its best!’
‘Excellent choices of entertainment in fabulous, historic surroundings.’
‘Fantastic theatre experience.’
‘West End in The Garden of England.’
‘Enjoy the luxury of Peace and Beauty.’
‘We’ve enjoyed meeting friends annually around different performances since 1992 without skipping a year.’
Do sign up to our mailing list below if you haven’t already, we will keep you up to date with all our latest developments.